Tuesday 22 July 2014

Majestic Birds - Buzzards

Inspiration comes in many forms.

I was sitting down in my home office ( a spare bedroom ) here at home today with the windows wide open giving some thought to a subject for todays post when I heard the unmistakable call of a buzzard - very close.

My camera is always to hand and today was no different as I had just finished charging the batteries.

Looking out I could see the bird and in the absence of wind it was becalmed and flying unusually low rather than soaring, as It circled it was drifting closer. Rather than hanging out of the window I knelt down on the floor waiting for it hopefully to come into view, would it ? .... Yea !

I just managed a couple of shots before the window frame sadly also came into view.

Here in East Northamptonshire we are spoiled for choice when it comes to large Raptors, Buzzards are numerous as are the reintroduced Red Kites, they seem to co-exist well together despite having similar diets.


2 comments:

  1. It looks as if it's just eaten, it appears to have a full crop

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, very observant Douglas - I didn't pick that !

    ReplyDelete