Tuesday 23 September 2014

Handsome Chap


I had a Dental appointment at Oundle mid-morning today so as I was in the area I thought I would drop in at Barnwell Country Park.

To describe the weather, '' Indian summer '' comes to mind, sunny and warm with the end of September fast approaching.  As is the case at Titchmarsh LNR, Barnwell is really between seasons bird wise awaiting the arrival of winter migrants. 

It is a nice little reserve offering quite a variety of habitats in a fairly small area, I heard a Cetti's calling but nothing else of great note apart from the usual Country Park suspects, Red Kites were drifting around as is their wont.

For birding I suspect that this reserve is at its best in winter, less people, leaves fallen and a warm winter sun on your back.

                             In this image you can see the woodland reflected  in the lens of the birds eye.
         
          Our old friend the Cock Pheasant ......  An under rated stunner. 

No comments:

Post a Comment