Saturday 27 September 2014

Tomorrow .......

Three of us are off to Lackford Lakes between Elveden and BSE ( Bury St Edmonds ).

Lackford Lakes is a very  well run and friendly reserve in Suffolk run by the Suffolk Wildlife Trust, it has a good mix of old Gravel Pits, scrapes and reed beds ..... it can be a good location for connecting with Kingfishers.

I say can because I have heard mixed reports from various contacts, I guess nothing can be Guaranteed in life !.

The weather forecast is overcast but warm, seven o'clock start so an early night for me !.

2 comments:

  1. Hope you have a good time. I heard people are putting it about that it's no longer good for kingfishers as some are getting irritated by people turning up just for the Kingfisher....but you know how the rumour Mill works in birding

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have also heard that Douglas ........ today we got lucky !

    ReplyDelete