Tuesday 2 September 2014

Coastal migration - Wheatear

Last year I went to the coast with the specific intention of catching up with migrating Wheatears, for a change I got it right ! ...... no question of '' you should have been here ten minutes ago '' or '' they arrived five minutes after you left '' which seems to happen to me more times than I care to remember.

It really is very satisfying to have an objective for an outing and achieve the desired result.  

I have been spending a bit more time birding the disused airfield at Harrington of late, it has a habitat that is probably the closest to heathland that we have in Northamptonshire and seems to attract many species on migration.  

Lets see what this year brings.

What a fine looking bird.
                                                                  A background bonus





No comments:

Post a Comment