Saturday 3 January 2015

Everywhere yet nowhere ........ The elusive Wren

One of our most widespread and smallest birds they can be found in most Rural habitats and certainly in Urban areas.

They are also very timid and, in my experience, not the easiest of birds to get an image of as they will disappear into cover as soon as they are aware of your presence.

Today the light quality was excellent so I went down to the reserve as I was after some images of Stonechats which I duly got from one of the hides.

This little chap was calling with frequency from the reed bed and eventually showed for long enough for me to rattle off a series of shots.

Its a shame that the background bulrush was not a few inches in either direction, could be, should be are oft emotions of photographers, but what a lovely little character.


No comments:

Post a Comment