Saturday 10 January 2015

Backlit Mute Swan in late aftenoon light .....

Great mid afternoon light today but the wind was blowing a hooley over the reed beds, a mixed party of at least ten male and female Bullfinches greeted me when I arrived at the Aldwincle Reserve car park but departed immediately when I parked up, I could hear them with their very distinctive contact calls hidden in the hedgerow on the other side of the road but no photo opportunities presented.

My objective was to try and get some better images of the resident male Stonechat from the Peter Scott hide, no joy there.

The Swan was a bonus and I particularly like the water droplets falling from its beak.

In the distance and beyond the reach of my cameras lens combo there was a  mixed flock of at least three male and four female ( redhead ) Goosanders, what elegent birds both sexes are and a really welcome mid-winter visitor.



No comments:

Post a Comment