Tuesday 21 July 2015

Two on the same day ......

As I have suggested in recent posts, bird life at the reserve is a bit subdued at the moment.

Swifts, Sand Martins, Warblers and Swallows are preparing for their southerly migration at the moment so other '' seasonal fayre ''  are the name of the game and what subjects they are.

This is a lovely image of a Comma Butterefly. I am very happy with the contrast between the background and the foreground in this photograph that I think represents  '' stark '' relief.

In this countryside of ours we are so lucky to have variety of subject matter.


2 comments:

  1. A great subject matter to photograph John it's weird that we're already talking of the ending of summer and it isn't even the end of July yet. My non birding friends don't get me lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Doug, when out last Sunday it was noticeable that berry bearing shrubs are already advanced with plenty of fruit on show.

    ReplyDelete