Wednesday 22 July 2015

Not rare but certainly not a common wader in the UK.

It was lovely to see this bird in the margins of a small scrape at Brandon Marsh last Sunday.

This Green Sandpiper was having a really good '' wash and brush up ''  and giving excellent views of its tail, a major identification feature for me with Sandpipers.

Rear views are however rather limiting so I decided to post this image that also highlights its beak and eye stripe.

Graham did a video of the visit as usual, link below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=najsf_uthGM

Very nice.





4 comments:

  1. I love the Green Sandpiper call, sadly for me always a bit flighty and far away when I catch up with them in Northants. Great shot John

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know how you feel Doug ....... very frustrating !.

      Delete
  2. Nice image John, thanks for the link, cheers Graham.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A cracking bird Graham and a great video by yourself.

      Delete