Tuesday 26 May 2015

A classic Reed Warbler pose.



The hide that I use to photograph these chaps is slightly elevated which allows me to look down into the reed beds to take my images rather than having to shoot through the reeds from the side.

This has two benefits.

Firstly, when a bird is close and active I can see the reeds quivering as it moves about which greatly helps me to locate it and be prepared when eventually it shimmies up a reed stem, secondly it reduces the amount of reeds in the foreground which can obscure the bird and confuse the auto-focus.

It works for me.

2 comments:

  1. It's the best way to catch them John, great shot. Still struggling over at my spot

    ReplyDelete
  2. They certainly are not easy Doug ...... I am lucky with my set up, John.

    ReplyDelete