Monday 13 October 2014

Why don't I post more images of common birds ?

Just about a fortnight ago I was going through my archives which I file by species and noticed a glaring deficiency.

Not only no folder for House Sparrows, but no images either !. I have always taken the position that common or garden birds are as photogenic as our rarer species, I must practice what I preach.

Clearly they have a very late brood that they are feeding in a nest underneath the pan tiles of a relatives out building. Whilst they do have two or three broods annually, I hope that they haven't left this one too late.

Next target, Tree Sparrows which will prove to be a greater challenge I suspect, watch this space.



1 comment:

  1. Pitsford reservoir can be good at this time of year for tree sparrows. Other then that I am struggling for any other location for them

    ReplyDelete