Tuesday 30 December 2014

Wow ....... Penduline Tit at Bedford ... a masked bandit indeed.

Normally when I chase a twitched bird my track record is  -  '' You've just missed it '' or '' it showed five minutes after you left ''.

Not today !.

The light was superb, the bird was fantastic as a real UK rarity although distant for my lens combination, the image is therefore heavily cropped.

A new tick for me. 

It was very active flitting about its favoured food source bulrushes, I have one rather soft record image showing it scratching a bulrush with its clawed foot to expose the seeds within.  

What a great couple of hours at mid-day with a warm sun on my back and quality light at the end of December. 


2 comments:

  1. Well done John I wish I could have gone with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great bird you can probably guess I wish the Blue Tit I'd photographed was this particular bird.

    ReplyDelete