Tuesday 16 December 2014

The call of these guys sends shivers down my spine .............

To hear the plaintive call of this bird resonating over wild and desolate coastal places and remote inland sites is a sound that you will never forget, but in my youth it was a sound that could also be heard in lowland rural areas before agricultural farming practices became so intensive, what a sad loss.

I often think that domestic pets have their owners to provide, look after and protect them ......  who's looking after our birds ?, you can, by supporting your local Wildlife Trusts, then maybe your grandchildren will still be able to see and hear species such as this.

Sadly, I fear that this may not be the case.










1 comment:

  1. I think you're right John, various wildlife trusts and other conservation organisations do a lot but birds face so many problems from habitat loss, persecution and climatic changes that society itself needs to change for a better future

    ReplyDelete