Monday 15 December 2014

An intense stare ........

Over the last couple of months I have been seeing more and more Robins where ever I go, I hope that this is a strong indicator of a very successful breeding season this year.

The other thing that I have also noticed of late is that they seem to be getting more confiding, this weekend on my travels I witnessed countless instances of people being able to approach to within two, maybe three feet of Robins with the birds showing no signs of discomfort or unease, it can't be hunger because insect life is still abundant due to the mild winter conditions that prevail.

Let me give you an example, I met a very nice couple with their new baby girl in a harness around her dads chest.  I  could hardly believe it when he approached a Robin and took some shots with his mobile phone,  they were so close to each other that at first I thought the Robin was sitting on his hand ...... Incredible. 


This little chap was so close that I had to step back a few paces in order to get focus, there is a word I am told,  ( Anthropomorphism ) that covers situations where we try to apply human emotions to our avian friends.

All I can say is that in my opinion this birds expression suggests that it is giving some thought to me and my presence in a rather melancholic manner .

....... weird  ! but a great experience.  

No comments:

Post a Comment